We are constantly working to make www.cityoflondon.gov.uk as accessible and usable as possible.
If you experience problems with any part of the site or need content in an alternative format, please contact us on either 020 7606 3030 or by email email@example.com.
Features on this website to aid accessibility
- Reviewed for XHTML and W3C WCAG AA compliance
- 'Skip to main content' link positioned off-screen but which is picked up by screen readers and keyboard users.
- Text resizing and alternate stylesheets can be done via whatever browser a visitor is using.
Compatible browser features
- Visitors can use built-in browser controls such as text re-sizing and user stylesheets to modify the site.
- Additional FREE software resources users may require to access content are Acrobat and Flash.
Within the City of London website you will occasionally be asked to interact with content provided by external organisations. For example, the payment facility that’s part of our online shopping process is provided by WorldPay. The City of London cannot be held responsible for the accessibility of external websites. If you experience any accessibility issues whilst you are using an external website as part of your visit to the City of London’s website please let us know so that we can attempt to resolve it.
BBC accessibility information - My Web My Way
Adobe Acrobat information - Adobe access pages.
You may be not be aware that if you are using a Windows based PC, there are settings that can be adjusted to assist with your use of the site. These can be found in the Contr
- To access PDF files you will need Acrobat Reader, unfortunately not all of these files are accessible.
- Due to legal requirements for signatures the PDFs in the licensing section are scanned and not accessible.
- The Hampstead Heath Ponds Project witness statement PDFs are mainly scanned documents and are not accessible.
- The Newsroom/Media Centre content is not accessible. If you need content in an alternative format, please contact us on either 020 7606 3030 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is one animation that requires Flash (and is not accessible).
- The comments, complaints and suggestions PDF form is not accessible.
- We are working to ensure that PDFs are provided in an accessible format in future, meanwhile please contact us if you are unable to view a specific PDF. You can either use the main contact details at the top of this page, the contact details for the section featuring the PDF (the owners of the content) or choose from our departmental contact list.
ol panel under the accessibility options.
We are committed to ensuring this website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visit the SiteMorse website to view this year's availability.