A key part of this is to know exactly what’s needed – so please fill in the survey here:
Major firms in the global Square Mile are clearly able to buy high-level services but small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are important too, and we are particularly keen to work with others to help them, especially as this issue will grow as technology becomes even more important.
• We are currently meeting major suppliers to see how we can work together and improve broadband for all, including presenting them with the results of the survey.
• We support the government’s Connection Vouchers Scheme (see below).
• We are also looking, as a technical issue, at how infrastructure for broadband can be shared better with SMEs.
Businesses get up to £3,000 for high-speed broadband
Your business could get up to £3k for a faster broadband connection, usually of 30Mbit/s or more. Here’s some of the stuff you’ll be able to do:
Work in the cloud
- Flexible storage means your business won’t need to buy server hardware when growing.
- Your staff can access all files and applications on the go, so easier to work when and where they need to.
- All your files are backed up, so disaster recovery won’t be a crisis.
Really quick data transfer
- Send big files quickly and securely, allowing data hungry companies to benefit the most.
- Customer and supplier management systems will work better and be more accessible.
Super speedy connection
- Enjoy reliable videoconferencing and make the most of the web.
- Increase productivity, everything you use online will work more quickly and reliably every day.
Interested? The next step is to apply for a connection voucher.
Department for Culture, Media and Sport is making available up to £100 million to SMEs across 22 UK cities. The scheme in the capital will be rolled out by Mayor of London and selected local boroughs including the City of London from 7 December 2013, and across London by spring 2014.
The voucher can also be used for a dedicated business-grade broadband service.
If you’re not sure of your current business broadband speed, you can check it at www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk.
If you have any queries about the Scheme, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you with an answer.
Please note: funding is available until March 2015 on a first come first served basis.