Chris Seth HMRC - personal biography and relationship with the City Business Library
Chris Seth, a Business Adviser with HM Revenue & Customs, has over 20 years of experience in direct taxation. He has accumulated a wealth of knowledge on many aspects of Income Tax and National Insurance for individuals and businesses and as a proud Londoner, he fully understands and enjoys the wonderful and diverse dynamics within this City.
HMRC‘s UK wide network of specially trained Business Education and Support Teams can help you understand your tax responsibilities and give you the confidence to get it right, first time. In addition to the long-standing provision of free workshops, webinars and a range of online help, Chris and his team support the programme of events at the CBL. His partnership with us has existed for five years and in that time our customers have greatly benefited from up to date taxation advice and access to a wealth of business information.
Events at CBL and how to book them
CBL run on average 60 to 80 events a month, all of which are offered by independent consultants who kindly donate their time, skills and experience free of charge.
Many of these sessions are on topics aimed at helping new businesses including online marketing, networking, social media, presentations and more. All are free to attend.
All events held at CBL are booked via Eventbrite either via the City of London events page (pre filtered to CBL events), or the Eventbrite website (type in City Business Library in the search box).
Click here to see all CBL events for this month
The following information is available to download:
June CBL list of events (547kb)
July CBL list of events (515kb)
Terms and conditions
All our speakers give their time free of charge and the average commercial rates for a ½ day session is £150. Please value the experience and let us know with as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend as there are usually other people waiting to attend our seminars.
- Please arrive on time - speakers reserve the right to refuse admission to all latecomers, and you may also lose your place.
- Failure to attend without 24 hours’ notice may result in future bookings being refused.
- No filming nor recording is allowed during any session.
- No food or drink (except water) may be brought into the seminar rooms.
- No food or drink at all may be brought into the IT Training Room.
- No electronic equipment may be plugged into any socket without a circuit breaker and must not cause a trip hazard.
- All handouts are provided at the speaker's discretion, these are not the responsibility of the City Business Library.
- All delegates are requested to fill out a feedback form.
- Please switch off all mobile phones
The City Business Library tries to ensure the accuracy of information provided but neither the City Business Library nor the City of London gives any warranty express or implied nor accepts any liability for any loss damage or inconvenience suffered by the User arising out of the User's copying use or reliance on any of the information provided. The City Business Library and the City of London act only as facilitator for these seminars/events and neither the City Business Library or the City of London accept any responsibility or liability for the content information or advice provided.