Emergency support scheme provides support and assistance to families and individuals who are experiencing a crisis or an emergency.
This scheme aims to support and assist those:
- being resettled into the community following a period in institutional or residential care
- needing support to prevent them from entering institutional or residential care
- families under exceptional pressure
- setting up home as part of a planned resettlement.
Types of support available
This scheme provides in-kind support wherever possible rather than cash grants.
- Second hand furniture or white goods
- Emergency travel
- Daily living expenses
- Tenancy deposit/rent in advance
We will meet any other eligible needs not listed here by providing an item in-kind, providing a voucher for a relevant shop or offering a loan through the Credit Union.
Download Lambeth Council's type of support document for more detail.
How to apply for help
The scheme is administered by Lambeth Council on behalf of the City of London.
To be considered for any support you must:
- Be 16 years of age or over and currently live in the City of London
- Have lived in the City of London for at least 6 weeks prior to applying
- Have been recently housed by the City of London on one of our estates
- Be in receipt of either Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance (income based type only), Employment and Support Allowance (income related type only) or Guaranteed Pension Credit.
To see if you qualify for any help you will need to fill in an application form which will allow us to determine your eligibility for support.
If you need help completing the application form please contact the City Advice service.
If you require further help or advice please see financial support for full contact details.