From the 29 December 2014 there will be changes to the Pet Travel Scheme. Find out more on our guidance page.
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) is the Live Animal Border Inspection Post (BIP) for Heathrow airport.
For more than 30 years HARC has been a world leader in the care of animals during transport. We receive and care for millions of animals including fish, reptiles, zoo animals and pets. Last year 16,500 dogs and cats, 250 horses, 200,000 reptiles, 2000 birds and 25 million fish arrived at HARC.
HARC main responsibilities
- Collecting animals from the aircraft and bringing them back to the Animal Reception Centre.
- Checking dogs, cats and ferrets paperwork for compliance when imported under The Pet Travel Scheme.
- Checking animal shipments are packed according to International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements.
- Providing temporary accommodation for animals transiting through Heathrow.
- Upholding all EU and UK regulations relating to animal movement.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
To ensure that we provide you with the best advice, questions relating to the Pet Travel Scheme will only be answered via the contact us form. For all other queries please call 020 8745 7894/5.