Pay and display bays have a ticket machine serving a number of parking spaces. Your vehicle must clearly display a valid pay and display ticket when parked in a pay and display bay.
Interactive map of pay and display bays in the City of London
During controlled hours charges apply for parking in Pay and Display Bays.
Monday - Friday 8am to 7pm: £1.20 for 15 minutes, or part thereof - £4.80 for 1 hour
Maximum stay 4 hours for £19.20
Saturday - 8am to 11am: £2.00 flat rate or £1.20 for 15 minutes, or part thereof
How are parking charges set?
Forms of payment
- Cash: £2, £1, 50p and 20p coins are accepted
- Look out for the free PayByPhone application for smartphones.
- Card payments are no longer accepted in our on street pay and display payment machines.
PayByPhone use convenience fees:
- 20p per transaction
- optional services like text reminders: 10p/text
- your network provider will make call charges in line with your price plan
Pay and display bays are free:
- Monday to Friday after 7pm - 8am the following morning
- Saturday after 11am
- Sunday all day and up to 8am on Monday
Pay and display bay suspension
Pay and display bays may be suspended. If the bay is suspended you are not allowed to use it. Please check the nearby suspension notice.
Any vehicle parked in a suspended bay is liable to receive a parking ticket and may also be clamped or removed (even if displaying a valid pay and display ticket or having paid by phone).
Pay and display machine displays an Out of Order message
If the pay and display machine displays 'Out of Order' or fails to issue a pay and display ticket you must purchase a pay and display ticket from another machine or by PayByPhone (charges for use apply).
Money lost in pay and display machines can be reclaimed by either writing to the address on the information plate on the machine, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact the City of London parking helpline on 020 7332 3910 or email email@example.com.