Monday 9.30am - 4.45pm (closed bank holidays)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am - 7.30pm*
*Please note: on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays all computers, microfilm readers, photocopiers and printers will be turned off by 7.25pm and original documents must be returned to staff by 7.25pm so that the building can close at 7.30pm.
LMA will be open on the following Saturdays from 9.30am - 4.45pm
- May 10
Please note: our telephone and email enquiry service do not operate on Saturdays.
During 2014 LMA will be closed on the following dates:
- Closed every Friday
- Closed Monday 21 April 2014 - Easter Monday bank holiday
- Closed Monday 5 May 2014 - May bank holiday
- Closed Monday 26 May 2014 - Spring bank holiday
- Closed Monday 25 August 2014 - Summer bank holiday
- Closed from Thursday 30 October 2014 at 7.30pm, reopening on Monday 17 November 2014 at 9.30am - Annual stocktaking closure
- Closed from Wednesday 24 December 2014 at 3.00pm, reopening on Monday 5 January 2015 at 9.30am - Christmas closure
Document ordering times
Order times for original documents, maps, prints, books and photographs are every 20 minutes from 9.40am to 4.20pm (excepting Saturday). Collections take place at 20 past, 20 to and on the hour. They are extended until 5.40pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
On Saturdays there are no collections between 12.40pm and 2pm, and collections stop at 4pm.
Last orders: at 4.20pm on Monday; 5.40pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; 4pm on Saturday.