Skip to main content  


Pest control

    Image of man carrying rat poison
    ​Pest controller

From Friday 1 April 2016, the City of London Corporation provides a pest control service through a contractor to the following:
Corporation Housing
Estate tenants
Corporation managed property and open spaces eg Guildhall and investment property

Housing Estate Tenants: Please call the Contact Centre if you have a pest problem in your premises.

Telephone: 020 7606 3030

A service is no longer provided to other types of premises, including:

  • Owner - occupiers of residential accomodation
  • Commercial / business premises

Pest control problems associated with these premises will need to be dealt with by other service providers. For service providers in the City contact the British Pest Control Association (BPCA).

The BPCA catalogue of the most common public health and nuisance pests has been created to enable members of the public to make an educated choice when considering pest control.

Pest complaints

​If you wish to report a pest problem relating to:

  • Any rat activity
  • Premises selling, handling or storing food eg food shops, restaurants, cafes / snack bars, pubs
  • Privately rented residential property where a problem has been reported but not resolved by the landlord
  • Workplaces where a problem has been reported but not resolved by the employer, or
  • External open spaces or public highway

Email the Public Protection team or call 020 7606 3030. The complaint will be investigated and, where necessary to protect public health, enforcement action will be considered to require the owner or occupier to eradicate or control the problem.