Clause 7 - goods
Clause 8 - services in Legal Notices
Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000, unless an exception applies, if you are a consumer, you have a cooling off period during which you are entitled to cancel your purchase if, for any reason, you decide you no longer want the goods or services. This is an additional right and does not affect your statutory right to reject faulty goods or unsatisfactory services.
If you are a “consumer” the Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to cancel your purchase of an item from the date the contract is concluded (ie the date we send our Order Confirmation email) until the expiry of a period of seven working days, beginning the day after the day on which you received the item. However, the right to cancel does not apply to:
(a) audio or video recordings or computer software which have been unsealed;
(b) goods that have been made to your specification or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned
(c) digital items (eg digital signatures from the LMA) that have been downloaded.
(d) tickets (eg tickets for Tower Bridge Experience)
If you are a “consumer” the Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to cancel a contract for the supply of services from the date the contract was concluded (ie the day we send our Order Confirmation email) until the expiry of a period of seven “working days”, beginning the day after the contract was concluded.
However, the right to cancel does not apply to the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services.
Please note: services will not commence until the end of the seven day cancellation period unless you contact us by email, letter or fax and request that we commence the services prior to the end of the cancellation period in which case you will be taken to have agreed to waive your right to cancel.
How to give notice of cancellation
The notice of cancellation must be in writing but may be given in any of the following ways:
- hand delivering the notice of cancellation to the address given below
- posting the notice to the address given below
emailing the notice
How to return an item
1. If you cancel the contract once the goods have been despatched, please enclose a note giving the reason for the return, wrap package securely in its original packing and send it to:
PO Box 270
London EC2P 2EJ
For your protection we recommend you use a recorded-delivery service.
2. Please note that you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item / s to us except where they were delivered in error, they were supplied as substitutes, they did not match the description given to them, they were not of satisfactory quality or they were not fit for the purpose.
3. If we do not receive the item / s from you following your cancellation, we may arrange for collection of the item / s at your cost except where they were delivered in error, they were supplied as substitutes, they did not match the description given to them, they were not of satisfactory quality or they were not fit for the purpose.
4. We will refund the purchase price for the returned item together with the original delivery charge within 30 days of the day on which your notice of cancellation was given less reimbursement of any collection costs. You are expected to take reasonable care of the item you wish to return and we reserve the right to make an appropriate deduction from the purchase price where goods are not returned in the condition in which you received them.
5. In the unfortunate event that your goods do not match the description given on the Website, or are not of satisfactory quality or are not fit for the purpose at the time of sale, we will provide a full refund, provided you notify us within a reasonable time, or at your request we will repair or replace the goods as an alternative to a refund, provided the costs involved are not disproportionate. We confirm that we will comply at all times with your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.
6. If goods are lost in transit we will replace them at no extra cost, provided you notify us in any of the ways set out above within 30 days of receipt of your order confirmation email.
Complaints and other feedback
In the unfortunate event that you wish to make a complaint in relation to the goods and services or any other matter in connection with this website, please write to:
The Town Clerk
The City of London
Guildhall PO Box 270
London EC2P 2EJ