Pet Travel Scheme
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) is the Live Animal Border Control Post (BCP) for Heathrow airport.
Since 1977 HARC has been a world leader in the care of animals during transport. We receive and care for millions of animals including fish, reptiles, zoo animals and pets. Each year about 22,000 dogs and cats, 400 horses, 100,000 reptiles, 1,000 birds and 28 million fish are imported through Heathrow Airport and looked after by HARC.
HARC's main responsibilities
- Collecting animals from the aircraft and bringing them back to the Animal Reception Centre.
- Checking dogs, cats and ferrets paperwork for compliance when imported under The Pet Travel Scheme.
- Checking animal shipments are packed according to International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements.
- Providing temporary accommodation for animals transiting through Heathrow.
- Upholding all EU and UK regulations relating to animal movement.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You can find more information on our web pages about travelling with animals.
For all other queries call 020 8745 7894/5.