Heathrow Animal Reception Centre
The Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) is NOT accepting live animal shipments (import/export or transit) from FRIDAY night (10pm) - MONDAY morning (6am).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, please DO NOT ARRIVE at the Animal Reception Centre until your UK Clearing Agent has told you that your pet is ready for collection. There are no facilities on site. If you arrive but your pet is not ready we will ask you to leave.
Contact us for details of the customer collection process during 14-day mandatory quarantine.
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) is the Live Animal Border Inspection Post (BIP) for Heathrow airport.
Since 1977 HARC has been a world leader in the care of animals during transport. We receive and care for millions of animals including fish, reptiles, zoo animals and pets. Each year about 16,000 dogs and cats, 400 horses, 200,000 reptiles, 2000 birds and 28 million fish arrived at HARC.
HARC's main responsibilities
- Collecting animals from the aircraft and bringing them back to the Animal Reception Centre.
- Checking dogs, cats and ferrets paperwork for compliance when imported under The Pet Travel Scheme.
- Checking animal shipments are packed according to International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements.
- Providing temporary accommodation for animals transiting through Heathrow.
- Upholding all EU and UK regulations relating to animal movement.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You can find more information on our web pages about travelling with animals.
For all other queries call 020 8745 7894/5.