The City of London Cemetery and Crematorium has acres of natural beauty, memorial landscapes and over 3,500 trees. It is home to the final resting place of over 500,000 people including Bobby Moore, Joseph Merrick and two of the Jack the Ripper victims. A wide variety of birds, insects and animals also call this tranquil place their home.
Come along and hear about 150 years of heritage and fascinating stories from Victorian London through to the present day.
- A glimpse of 150 years of burial and cremation registers.
- Insights into striking mausoleums and memorials marking historical burial trends.
- Burial sites of the famous, notable and interesting figures.
- Hear fascinating stories of the siege of Sidney Street, Edith Thompson (one of the last women hanged in the UK) and the Piano Lady.
- visiting the Grade II listed chapels and catacombs.