Skip to content

The City of London Corporation supports humanitarian aid in Ukraine. Help and advice for staying safe during heatwaves and the hot weather

Reporting Crime or Anti-Social Behaviour in the City of London

Date updated: 25/02/2022

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

ASB covers a wide range of unacceptable activity that causes alarm and distress to individuals, to the community or to the environment. It also includes behaviours that lead to fear of crime or causes people to feel unsafe. ASB often leaves victims feeling helpless, desperate and with a seriously reduced quality of life.

ASB can include:

  • Rowdy or inconsiderate behaviour
  • Threatening behaviour, harassment or verbal abuse
  • Aggressive begging
  • Street drinking and public intoxication
  • Vandalism, graffiti or fly posting
  • Public urination or defecation
  • Drug and alcohol misuse
  • Hate-related incidents
  • Domestic violence or abuse

It is important that you report ASB as it happens to the Police.

You can do so in three ways:

  1. Call 101
  2. Call 999 in an emergency, if a crime is occurring, someone is injured, being threatened or there is a threat to life
  3. Report online via the City of London Police ASB page

The dealing of drugs is a serious criminal offence and needs to be reported to the Police in the first instance. You can report this to the City of London Police by:

  1. calling 101 (unless it is taking place outside a school, in which case call 999)
  2. contacting your local police team by visiting the City of London Police Sector Policing page
  3. reporting online via the City of London Police ASB page
  4. calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The City of London Corporation works with the City of London Police and other partners to deal with the range of ASB issues related to the misuse of drugs. However, the Police are the main partner for drug-related issues.

If you report a drugs-related issue to the City Corporation, it will be referred directly to the City of London Police.

If ASB is happening on a Square Mile estate or block, please report this to the City of London Police and the City Corporation’s Golden LaneMiddlesex Street or Barbican Estate Office Teams.

The City Corporation’s Housing Service ASB Policy can be found on the Housing Policies page.

If you are a City Corporation tenant or leaseholder and live outside the City of London, please contact your estates team and the Metropolitan Police Service

If the ASB you wish to report is not one that requires an immediate call to the City of London Police and concerns an issue where you live, please report this directly to Guinness Partnership.

You can report incidents of noise via the City Corporation’s noise pollution page.

These are tents or temporary shelters put up by individuals and/or groups. If this causes nuisance, alarm and/or distress to other people it can be regarded as ASB.

Please note that rough sleeping alone is not considered ASB. Visit the City Corporation’s rough sleeping page to get more information on how to support a person who is homeless.

You can report dumped rubbish, fly tipping and graffiti using this Fault Reporting Form.