Skip to main content  


Is your property in the City of London (the Square Mile)?

The City of London Corporation collects council tax for properties within the area of London known as the 'Square Mile'.

Find your local council if you do NOT know which London council is responsible for your property.

Always quote your council tax account number and address in all correspondence. You can contact us using one of the methods below:


Email: Council Tax Team.


020 7332 1882

Please have your council tax account number to hand as we will not be able to discuss your account in detail without this information.

Write to

City of London, Council Tax Section
PO Box 270, Guildhall

In person

Enquiries can be made in person between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday at the following address.

North Wing Entrance
Guildhall (off Basinghall Street)
London EC2V 7HH

Please take your bill with you or details of your reference number, and any relevant documentation.

Revenues services online

If you have a council tax account with the City of London you can register to view your account details online. For further information or details of how to register for this self service facility please see our council tax online page.

If your council tax account has already been closed, for security reasons, you will not be able to register that account for the self service facility.

Search for a council tax band and amount payable online

Our revenues self service facility also allows you to search for the council tax band and the amount payable for properties within the City of London. Please note: to use this part of the service you do not need to be a registered user.