Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
Home, heating and energy advice from the Green Doctors
Or call 0300 365 3005 (free to call) - open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Please select option one.
If you live in the City of London and:
- are on a low income and worried about energy costs or
- are of state pension age or
- are receiving benefits or
- live with long term health condition or disability
- are worried about the cost of living
The Green Doctors may be able to provide you with:
- Energy efficiency advice
- Installation of energy saving devices
- Support for home improvement grant applications
- Impartial advice that will help you heat your home for less
All completely free!
You can refer yourself to the Green Doctors, but you can also refer someone else if you are a health professional, social worker, carer, neighbour, relative or friend.
The Green Doctors are a friendly, trusted team that can help you free of charge.
A bit more information about the Green Doctors
The Green Doctors, run by Groundwork London, deliver energy advice for free to residents in the City of London (and on City Corporation estates). They can help you by:
- chatting to you about energy tarriffs
- getting you onto the Priority Services Register (so that your energy provider can give you extra support if you need it)
- and they can also install energy saving devices
The Green Doctors have been commissioned by the City Corporation as part of our commitment to help people with the cost of living.
Here are a few things that you may be able to do to reduce your energy usage:
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs
- Turn the thermostat down by 1°C (but no lower than 18°C)
- Only boil as much water as needed in the kettle
- Turn appliances and chargers off at the plug