Skip to main content  


The City of London Corporation funds housing-related support to prevent problems that can often lead to hospitalisation, institutional care or homelessness, and can help with the smooth transition to independent living for those leaving institutional environments.

Contact the Sheltered Housing on 020 7332 3582.

Support in your own home

We offer a tenancy support service for vulnerable people who need support in their own homes.

This service works with tenants who may have:

  • learning difficulties
  • mental health problems
  • a history of street homelessness
  • other problems that affect their housing and their ability to manage a tenancy.

The service offers general support that can include help introduce tenants to local resources, help with finances or addressing welfare benefit problems.

Support is provided in the tenant's home and is usually offered on a short-term basis.

Other City Corporation departments and some voluntary agencies (such as Toynbee Hall's City Advice scheme) can refer City tenants to this service if they have concerns about them being able to cope in their own homes.

Unfortunately our tenancy support service has a limited number of placements and therefore cannot accept self-referrals at this time.

For more information about our tenancy support service, please telephone 020 7332 3582