Date updated: 5/20/2021
We need you to help drive this movement. There are three actions you can undertake:
Inform, Influence, and Improve.
Inform - be a gamechanger and shape the outputs of the taskforce
- Share this website with your public affairs teams, and submit a response to the industry consultation (Workstream #1) when announced.
- For financial services firms, be open to joining the peer network when launched. Email Socio Economic Diversity.
Influence - raise awareness of the need for greater socio-economic diversity internally and externally
- If you have an event or speaking opportunity, mention the aims of the taskforce or invite the taskforce to have a speaking slot.
- Share the work of the taskforce with your communication teams, publicly endorse the aims of the taskforce, and the benefits of greater socio-economic diversity via social media.
- Share this website with peers, suppliers, clients, investees, encourage them to join you in boosting socio-economic diversity at senior levels.
Improve - create a baseline and develop a plan
- Use Social Mobility Commission recommended metrics to collect workforce data.
- Monitor the recruitment, retention, remuneration and progression of employees by socio-economic background (and correlate with other characteristics).
- Create an action plan for improvement e.g. review processes for work allocation, recruitment, promotion, senior sponsorship. Ensure department heads are accountable for change in their area.
- If you already collate data on workforce socio-economic diversity, please share this to support the purposes of Workstream #3, the productivity analysis.
- To find out more about collecting data and progressing diverse talent, the Social Mobility Commission invite you to attend these free workshops.
- Access the following for support:
Socio-economic diversity taskforce brochure PDF (7MB)Date submitted: 3/24/21
Sign up to our newsletter
To share information about the taskforce and its aims, please forward this taskforce brochure to relevant contacts.