New Spitalfields Market background and product information
"The depth and flavour of what New Spitalfields offer has been enriched by the presence of tenants specialising in exotic fruits and vegetables, as well as catering and foodservice firms serving public and private sector customers across London"Spitalfields Market Tenants Association
New Spitalfields Market has the highest number of wholesale traders of any horticultural market in the UK. The continual specialisation by its tenants in exotic fruit, vegetables and flowers ensures that it provides the greatest choice of these products of any Market in Europe.
The Market covers an area of over 31 acres and consists of:
- A Market Hall of 28,700 sq.mtrs housing 115 trading units for wholesale businesses. Modern facilities include cold storage rooms, ripening rooms, mezzanine flooring and racking for palletised produce.
- Four separate buildings provide 3720 sq.mtrs of modern self contained units for catering supply businesses.
- Over 900 sq.mtrs of office space for importers.
- Five ancillary units that house cafes, communal toilets and maintenance facilities.
- An area for fuel supplies and forklift training services.
- A recycling compound.
Parking facilities provide over 1,800 spaces for customers, delivery vehicles and personnel. In addition, there are over 100 spaces for the fleets of vehicles operated by the catering supply businesses.
For information regarding the pricing and availability of products please contact the businesses operating from New Spitalfields Market directly or the Spitalfields Market Tenants Association on 020 8556 1479 for general information.