The China Advisory Council
The City of London Corporation China Advisory Council is a group of senior executives in the Chinese financial and professional services sector that help guide our work.
Established in 2010, the Council provides guidance on the activities of the City of London Corporation’s representative offices and the City of London Corporation’s overall engagement with China.
The Chairman of the Policy and Resources Committee at the City of London Corporation, Chris Hayward, chairs the annual China Advisory Council meetings held in London and in China.
Advisory members include (in alphabetical order):
- China Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- China International Capital Corporation Limited
- China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Financial Research Institute, Development Research Centre of the State Council of PRC
- Green Finance Committee of the China Society for Finance and Banking
- Harvest Fund
- Max Giant Limited
- Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Standard Chartered Bank (China) Limited
Honorary members include (in alphabetical order):
- GAO GUOFU – Independent Board Director of Shanghai International Group, former Chairman of Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co., Ltd.
- MA WEIHUA–Chairman, National fund for Technology Transfer and Commercialization (NFTTC); Former Executive Director, President and CEO, China Merchants Bank