Picture the City Terms and Conditions
Picture the City photography competition - terms and condition
1. Entry is open to UK residents of any age. The winner may need to be able to provide proof of identity and age (with picture).
2. Employees of the City of London Corporation and/or anyone connected with the organisation of this promotion can participate in the competition but will be exempt from the judging.
3. No purchase is necessary for participation in this competition.
4. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
5. The competition begins at 9am on Wednesday 12 May 2021 and runs until midnight on Sunday 20 June 2021. Entries must be submitted and received no later than this date to be eligible for the competition judging. All competition entries after midnight on 20 June 2021 will be automatically disqualified. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries delayed in transit regardless of cause. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
6. The prize for the overall competition winner includes:
- A one to one photography masterclass with Nick Turpin
7. Entries to the Competition must use the hashtag #PictureTheCity and be submitted via Instagram and photos must be of the City of London. If you are unsure of where the City boundaries are, please refer to the map on the competition page.
8. The overall competition winner will be selected by the judging panel - Nick Turpin, Hannah Starkey, Emmanuel Cole and Heather Cole.
Entries will be judged in five categories:
- Nature in the City - capturing inner city flora, fauna and wildlife
- Lights of the City - the stunning light of the City, whether natural or manmade
- Architecture of the City - the iconic buildings that make up the City
- The City Community - we still may not be able to be as close as usual, but the sense of community remains
- Young City of London Photographer (for entrants 17 and under)
A winner will be selected from each category and the overall winner will then be decided by the judging panel.
9. Submissions remain the intellectual property of the entrants and will not be used for any promotional or marketing purposes without prior written permission from the entrants.
10. Winners will be notified by email by the City of London Corporation by Wednesday 30 June 2021. The name of the winner will be posted on the City of London Corporation’s website and social media and shared with promotional partners unless otherwise requested in writing to not do so by the winner.
11. The winner will be put in contact with Nick Turpin to arrange the masterclass at a mutually convenient time.
12. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activities unless they specify in writing that they do not want to participate in any promotional activities.
13. The Promoter of the competition is City of London Corporation, Guildhall, Aldermanbury, London EC2V 7HH. The competition judging panel's decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prizes with a prize of equivalent or higher value in the event of circumstances outside of its control. The prize is not negotiable. There is no cash alternative to prizes.
15. Submission of entries to the Picture The City competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The City of London Corporation reserves the right to refuse to award prizes to anyone found to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you may be held and used by the Promoter, its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees or agents. Your statutory rights are not affected.
The City of London Corporation will use all personal information provided by you for the purposes of administering this competition, and to inform you if you have won and if so, to issue your prize.
We may use your personal information to send to you details of other competitions and campaigns that may be of interest to you, if you have ‘opted in’ to be contacted. You may ‘opt out’ by contacting the Promoter to remove your details from their marketing systems. All personal information will be properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and guidance and codes of practice relating to the processing of personal data and privacy.