Donate to Farthing Downs
With panoramic views of London's skyline, ancient history, wildlife-rich chalk grassland and expansive countryside walks, Farthing Downs forms part of the South London Downs National Nature Reserve and offers a breath-taking experience.
Situated at the tip of the North Downs on the edge of London and Surrey, this chalk spur is home to an array of birds and butterflies. Farthing Downs and neighbouring Happy Valley host a multitude of wildflowers, including the most extensive population of greater yellow rattle in London, which can be seen among brightly coloured orchids, bedstraws and scabious in spring and summer.
Our information and interpretation panels have been on site for some time and are now tired, dated and fragile. We have an exciting plan to replace this signage which will help make your visit to Farthing Downs even better than it already is.
We need your support to raise £25,000 which will enable us to:
- Replace the interpretation and information panels using materials that are environmentally friendly, robust and hard wearing, while complementing and reflecting the natural environment
- Revitalise our artwork by offering an exciting visual display to capture the iconic landscape and its rich biodiversity
- Include key messages and provide a positive experience and learning about Farthing Down’s environment and cultural significance
- Educate and engage visitors on nature, wildlife, the environment, history and heritage of the site
- Celebrate London’s newest National Nature Reserve
Every donation, whatever its value, is vital to help us improve the awareness, understanding and experience of visiting Farthing Downs.
Farthing Downs is managed by the City of London Corporation and forms part of Coulsdon and Other Commons which is a registered charity (number 232989).
*Please note: If monies are raised above the required amount, or in the case that insufficient monies are raised to enable the project to go ahead, the amounts raised would be directed to similar projects within the charity.