LMA collections available on Ancestry
London Metropolitan Archives is working in partnership with Ancestry™ to digitise and provide access to genealogical sources. Over 20 million parish records are available along with poor law sources including workhouse records, and electoral registers. Registers from London's Non-Conformist congregations and chapels have also been added, making these unique marriage and baptism records available online for the first time.
Collections available include:
- Fully indexed parish baptisms, marriages and burials
- Parish poor law records
- Boards of Guardians records
- Diocesan marriage bonds and allegations
- School admission and discharge registers
- Electoral registers, overseers returns and poll books
- Land tax records
- City of London Freedoms
- Middlesex Sessions – Transportation Contracts
We provide free access to view the indexes and images through Ancestry.co.uk on the computer terminals in our public rooms. Many archives and local libraries also provide free access to Ancestry™.