Self Service Photography
Visitors to London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) can buy a photography permit at a cost of £5 per day (or £20 for five days - these do not need to be consecutive days).
The permit is subject to the following conditions:
- Photography of archive materials must take place in the Archive Study Area
- Flash photography, film and video recording equipment and the use of tripods are not permitted. The right is reserved to inspect photographic equipment. Please switch off camera sound functions and do not disturb other users
- LMA document handling guidelines must be observed at all times. Please be aware that some items are not suitable for self-service photography. An in-house reprographics service is available
- Images created under the terms of this permit remain the copyright of the City of London. If you wish to make use of the copy for the purpose of publication (including use on a website), exhibition or broadcast, or any commercial purpose, you must seek written permission from LMA. Please note that copyright and/or conditions of deposit may restrict the use of some items
- Photographs are taken at your own risk. Please pay attention to obstructions and for your own safety and that of others, do not stand on furniture in any part of the archive
Self service photography permits are available at LMA from staff at the Information Area desk.