Culture and Commerce Taskforce
Chaired by the Lord Mayor in partnership with the City of London Corporation and Culture Mile, the new Culture and Commerce Taskforce assembles leading figures from across the capital to address the massive challenges faced by the cultural and creative industries in the City, and London more widely, through better connecting the cultural and commercial sectors.
The Culture and Commerce Taskforce believes that by coming together, culture and commerce can develop new ways of collaborating, to build a renewed creative sector that drives economic growth and supports competitive advantage for the City and London.
Collectively the Culture and Commerce Taskforce members will:
- Contribute to an area-wide response to the impact of the pandemic, ensuring we draw on all available expertise and assets to maximise impact.
- Play a key role in rebuilding the local community, the City of London, and London more widely, to ensure future social and economic success.
- Be at the forefront of closer working between the cultural and commercial sectors
- Play a role in changing perceptions of the City of London - both domestically and internationally
- Develop connections with the Lord Mayor and other London leaders, particularly those from diﬀerent sectors
- Strengthen up to date knowledge of local issues in the City of London
- Contribute to the development of the City’s cultural ecology and to Culture Mile as an innovative placemaking initiative.
- Apply professional skills, knowledge, and connections in a new context.
- Inform strategies and practice for wider-London’s cultural and commercial sectors,
- Be at the forefront of change, shaping a new way of working between commerce and culture, and playing
- a vital role in London’s recovery
Email for more information about the Culture and Commerce Taskforce.