The 2022 Pan Livery Report
Date updated: 14/03/2023
The 2022 Pan Livery Impact Report is now available. Alongside data from the third survey of Philanthropic Giving by Livery Companies, this report describes some of the Livery initiatives and stories, highlighting the breadth and quality of these projects and the impact they are having for beneficiaries.
- Aggregate giving by the Livery is now £75m – up 4.4% on 2020
- Funds donated or raised by Liverymen and Freemen increased by 11%
- Liverymen provide over 143,000 hours per annum in pro bono voluntary support to the charitable sector
- Of this, more than 1,000 School Governors and charity trustees, appointed by their Livery Companies, dedicate over 45,000 hours of support per annum
- Livery Kitchens Initiative – as one of the examples of pan livery collaboration, more than 60 Livery Companies supported the Initiative, which provided some 175,000 meals to NHS Barts’ Hospitals and 16 City Harvest communities throughout the pandemic.
The Pan Livery Impact Report PDF (7MB)Date submitted: 17/01/23
There are 110 Livery Companies in London – some established many years ago and some which achieved Livery status in the 21st Century. Each of them is a unique philanthropic fellowship, whether ancient or modern and all are dedicated to serving others.
The Pan Livery Initiative and related Steering Group was formed in 2017 to bring the Livery Companies together.