Skip to content

If you are worried about money and bills, make sure you are getting the help and support that is available to you.

What support is available?

Get help with benefits, debts, housing costs and more. Call City Advice today on 020 7392 2919 (for those working and studying in the Square Mile, and those living in the Square Mile and on a City of London Corporation estate).

Take a look at our Winter Wellness Guide on our Help with Health and Wellbeing page.

Household Support Fund (Funded by UK Government)

The Department for Work and Pensions has provided the City Corporation with the Household Support Fund to help residents with the Cost of Living.

We are using this funding to provide you with the following support:

  • Help with food and fuel costs if you are getting a means-tested benefit or if you earn under £30,000. You can apply for this support through the City of London Emergency Support Scheme.
  • Help with utility bills – if you are in debt or unable to pay your utility bill, you can get support through CityAdvice
  • Help for residents who receive Housing Benefit but are not in receipt of Universal Credit, Tax Credits, Income Support, Employment Support Allowance, Jobseekers Allowance or Pension Credit and didn’t not receive the government Cost of Living payments received with these benefits
  • Help given to some organisations that work with City of London residents.

Do you need help filling in a form or accessing a computer?

If you or someone you know needs access to a computer to make a claim, our lending libraries offer free access to computers, wifi, scanning and low cost printing/photocopying to make sure everyone has equal access to the support that is available to them. They can also offer basic IT skills support and can help you fill in forms.

You don't have to be a member (though we encourage you to sign up) and you can just turn up on the day to use the services. Visit the wifi, computers and printing page for more information.

Other helpful links:

Couldn't find what you were looking for?

Email City Advice, call them on 020 7392 2919 or text 07432 658 083