SEND Education during the Coronavirus pandemic
Due to COVID-19, schools have changed the way they deliver education; however their statutory duties for children and young people with SEND requirements remain the same. Our Team continue to be in regular communication with SEND staff in settings to support vulnerable children. If you have questions about how SEND provision and support is being delivered during the national lockdown, please speak with your school's SENCO or headteacher. If your child has an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP) and you need further information after speaking to your child’s school, please email the SEND team.
What is the Local Offer?
The purpose of the Local Offer is to enable parents and young people to see more clearly what services are available in their area and how to access them. The offer will include provision from birth to 25, across education, health and social care and leisure.
Local providers have given comprehensive information about how they meet the needs of children and young people with SEND, and this information can be found in their listings in the Local Offer section of the FYi Directory.
Within the Local Offer you will also find links to information about SEND on this website.
The aims of our Local Offer are to:
- provide clarity for parents and enable them to make informed choices
- support earlier intervention and reduce the need for assessments by giving families better access to services
- enable the City of London Corporation to identify need and gaps in provision
- provide an evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes for children and young people with SEND at school at the local level
We are always working to improve the Local Offer. If you have comments or suggest about how it can be improved, or if you know of a service we haven't listed please get in contact:
- 020 7332 1002
- Education and Early Years Service