Skip to content
Date updated: 11/04/2024

Call 020 7392 2919 (Monday - Friday 10am-1pm and 2-4pm) for help and advice or:

To be able to use this service, you must live, work or study in the City of London Square Mile (inside the red line on the map below) or live in a City of London Corporation Estate.

Map of the Square Mile

Helping people manage everyday problems

City Advice advisors offer a confidential and impartial service and are qualified to advise on:

  • Consumer and employment rights
  • Welfare benefits
  • Debt
  • Housing and legal issues
  • Relationships
  • Health and wellbeing

The level of help will depend on your enquiry and the type of advice and help you need. A detailed assessment of the problem will give City Advisors a better understanding of the situation and will be able to offer tailor made advice. You can then decide if you prefer to take action yourself or let City Advice act on your behalf.

Helpful guides from City Advice

City Advice is producing a series of helpful guides on a range of different issues.

You can find guides such as Benefits for Older People and Tips for Tax on the City Advice part of the Toynbee Hall website. Upcoming guides will be uploaded to that page too.

City Advice is funded by the City of London Corporation and delivered by Toynbee Hall

Advocacy safeguards people who are vulnerable, for instance people with physical or learning disabilities, older people, young people and those with mental health needs, and enables them to make informed choices about their own health and social care.

At times, you may find it difficult to get your voice heard about decisions or issues that affect your life. Advocacy can help you to access information, explore and understand your options, and to make your views and wishes known. It represents your interests and helps you obtain the services you need.

An advocate is someone who argues your case for you and will ensure:

  • your voice is heard
  • you have equal rights
  • you get the support you need

Advocacy is free for all City of London residents and service users with a social care, health or special educational need.​