Skip to content

Pest control

Date updated: 9/03/2020

City Corporation Housing Estate Tenants

For referral to the City’s treatment contractor if you have a pest problem in your premises, please call the Contact Centre on 020 7606 3030.

The City of London no longer provides a pest control treatment service for commercial or residential properties. Pest control problems associated with these premises will need to be dealt with by the owners or occupiers of the premises.

The British Pest Control Association (BPCA) produce a list of companies providing pest control treatment and the BPCA catalogue also provides information on common public health and nuisance pests and their control.


​If you wish to report a pest problem relating to:

  • Any rat activity
  • Premises selling, handling or storing food eg food shops, restaurants, cafes / snack bars, pubs
  • Privately rented residential property where a problem has been reported but not resolved by the landlord
  • Workplaces where a problem has been reported but not resolved by the employer, or
  • External open spaces or public highway

Contact the Public Protection team or call 020 7606 3030. The complaint will be investigated and, where necessary to protect public health, enforcement action will be considered to require the owner or occupier to eradicate or control the problem.