Billingsgate Market tours, visits, film, photography
Tours and visits
The Market is open to the general public. Guided tours of the market are organised by the Seafood School at Billingsgate.
Filming and photography at Billingsgate Market
City of London Corporation has strict rules concerning photography or filming for any purpose, commercial and non-commercial at Billingsgate Market.
Non-commercial photography and filming
Visitors wishing to take photographs at the Market and students undertaking photographic project work must complete an application form.
To receive an application form for non-commercial photography, or if you need further information, contact the Superintendent's Office or phone 020 7987 1118.
There are some conditions that we ask you to note:
- any permission is granted entirely at the applicant’s own risk
- photographs are not to be published or used for any commercial purpose
- any instructions given by an authorised Officer of the City of London must be complied with and whilst at Billingsgate Market an authorised permission slip must be produced if asked for
- the use of tripods is not permitted and the applicant must not impede the running of the Market
- a Merchant’s permission must be obtained before photographing that Merchant’s products
Commercial photography and filming
If you have any enquiries regarding commercial filming, they should be made to the City of London’s Film Office.
Film liaison contacts
Joanna Burnaby-Atkins – 020 7332 3202
Mick Bagnall – 020 7332 3182