The Temple explores the history of Wanstead Park through the Roman, Regency and Victorian periods to the present day.
The Temple has:
- a history of the Park's Roman Villa, told through mosaics and other items from our museum collection
- a tale of Regency romance gone wrong, fit to rival the best period drama
- statues which once stood throughout the Park
- a gift shop full of Forest-themed giftware for all ages
- public toilets
- friendly, knowledgeable staff on hand to answer all your questions
The Centre also hosts events and exhibitions all year round.
The Temple can be reached from Redbridge and Wanstead Stations on the Central, and a number of bus routes through the area.
Visit TfL's Journey Planner to plan your trip to the Centre.
The Temple has a small disabled-only car park for Blue Badge holders, and street parking is available in limited amounts in the surrounding area.