Cycling in Hampstead Heath
Date updated: 21/11/2022
Cycling isn't allowed on some of our paths. Keep an eye out for 'no cycling' signs and please listen to them. You can be fined if you cycle on a 'no cycling' path. You can find a map of our cycle paths below.
Cycling on Hampstead Heath
Cycling is a great way to get around, keep fit and see the Heath. However, there are a few little rules you should follow while you're cycling on the Heath. Please make sure that you:
- don't cycle on 'no cycling paths'
- don't go faster than 12mph
- slow down around pedestrians
- give way to pedestrians at all times
- take care to alert other users if you're coming up from behind them
- stop when asked to by a member of staff or our Constabulary
You can be fined for breaking some of these rules, so please take care.
Hampstead Heath Map PDF (1MB)Date submitted: 5/12/19