Donate to Queen's Park
Queen's Park sandpit and playground improvements
Queen’s Park is a site of local importance for nature conservation. It is a community focused green space in a densely populated part of London. It offers peace and tranquillity from the hustle and bustle of a busy city and offers opportunities to get involved in sports activities and fun days out.
A Gymnasium, used for play and exercise was part of the original park design and this was enlarged and developed as a playground in the mid to late 1900’s. The playground and sandpit which offers a great space for children and young people to release their energy, have fun with friends and spend quality time with their families needs major refurbishment.
We need help raising £100,000 which will enable to us to:
- Modernise it and make it fit for purpose for the 21st Century
- Revitalise the existing sandpit play area through the provision of a variety of stimulating equipment
- Provide play that will create opportunities for children to develop physical, social and emotional skills through exploration and interaction
- Utilise a wide range of materials that are robust and hard wearing while complementing and reflecting the natural environment
- Promote safe, secure and healthy activities.
Queen’s Park is a 30-acre park located in Brent and was opened in 1887. It is owned and managed by the City of London Corporation and is a registered charity (charity registration number 232986).
Every donation, whatever its value is vital in helping is improve and modernise this much needed play area for future generations.