Donate to Queen's Park
Queen's Park sandpit and playground improvements
Queen’s Park is a site of local importance for nature conservation. It is a community focused green space in a densely populated part of London. It offers peace and tranquillity from the hustle and bustle of a busy city and offers opportunities to get involved in sports activities and fun days out.
A Gymnasium, used for play and exercise was part of the original park design and this was enlarged and developed as a playground in the mid to late 1900’s. The playground and sandpit which offers a great space for children and young people to release their energy, have fun with friends and spend quality time with their families needs major refurbishment.
We need help raising £100,000 which will enable to us to:
- Modernise it and make it fit for purpose for the 21st Century
- Revitalise the existing sandpit play area through the provision of a variety of stimulating equipment
- Provide play that will create opportunities for children to develop physical, social and emotional skills through exploration and interaction
- Utilise a wide range of materials that are robust and hard wearing while complementing and reflecting the natural environment
- Promote safe, secure and healthy activities.
Queen’s Park is a 30-acre park located in Brent and was opened in 1887. It is owned and managed by the City of London Corporation and is a registered charity (charity registration number 232986).
Every donation, whatever its value is vital in helping is improve and modernise this much needed play area for future generations.
*Please note: If monies are raised above the required amount, or in the case that insufficient monies are raised to enable the project to go ahead, the amounts raised would be directed to similar projects within the charity.