A New Sport Strategy for the Square Mile
The new strategy for the Square Mile sets out an ambitious blueprint for sport investment and promotion over the next seven years and beyond.
The vision is for the City of London to become a global city of sport by investing in sport facilities, activating our public spaces, celebrating the impact of sport, attracting high quality sport events and promoting community sport.
Inspiring an Active and Healthy City
Welcome to the City of London where we are proud supporters of sports
The City of London Corporation has a long history of supporting sport and physical activity across the Square Mile and beyond, from celebrating Major Sport Events in London to delivering smaller projects and initiatives to encourage our residents and workers to undertake a more healthy lifestyle.
Sport Engagement allows the City Corporation to engage with new and diverse audiences and supports the Corporate Plan by:
- Contributing to a flourishing society through sport participation and encouraging sporting success.
- Shaping outstanding environments by utilising our assets and open spaces to encourage physical activity and wellbeing.
- Supporting a thriving economy by showcasing London as a global sports destination and encouraging economic development from major sport events.
Watch the A Global City of Sport video highlighting some of the sport activities and events that take place each year in the City and across our open spaces.
In the City
- Business Healthy - Supporting the health and wellbeing of City workers.
- City Well - Working Well Together.
- Golden Lane Sport & Fitness - Keep fit and healthy in the City of London with great facilities, excellent equipment and an enjoyable atmosphere.
- Keeping Active - is vital to improving and maintaining both physical and mental health.
In our Open spaces
Sport and play
Offering a wide range of outdoor pursuits, pastimes and sports to suit all ages and interests in: