Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) is a Live Animal Border Control Post (BCP) and Travellers' Point of Entry (TPOE) for Heathrow airport. We have proudly served Heathrow Airport since 1977 and we are the only Heathrow BCP licenced for all animal species. Every year about 22,000 dogs and cats, 400 horses, 100,000 reptiles, 1,000 birds and 28 million fish are imported through Heathrow Airport and looked after by our experienced staff.
Our main responsibilities
- Transporting animals between Heathrow and our facility
- Checking non-commercial UK Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) arrivals for compliance
- Checking animal shipments are packed according to International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements.
- Upholding all EU and UK regulations relating to animal movement.
Our main pages
- Apply for pre-approval for your service dog to arrive or transit through Heathrow
- Pet Travel Scheme guidance and common problems
- Guidance on flying your pet to Heathrow via our facility
- Guidance on the container requirements for your pet
- Nominating a UK clearing agent