The Barbican Library is a vibrant public library in the heart of the Barbican Centre with books, spoken word recordings, DVDs, CDs and sheet music available for loan to all members.
Along with the adult library located on Level 2 within the Barbican Centre, you will also find the Barbican Music Library and Barbican Children's Library, along with places to sit, read and study.
Visit the library for
- Friendly, expert staff
- Books, audio books and graphic novels
- Newspapers and magazines
- CDs, DVDs and language sets
- Special collections in art, music, finance and London
- A dedicated children's and music library
- Free Wi-Fi and computers with internet access
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- eBooks and online resources
- Reading groups
- Events, exhibitions and activities
- Regular events for adults and children
The Library is wheelchair accessible and there is disabled parking available. Please see the Barbican Centre website for more information.
If you would like to sponsor our programmes for adults and children, please consider making a donation to our libraries. 100% of all monies received from donations comes to the Barbican and Community Libraries service.