Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
Special events on the highway
If you want to hold an event on the highway in the City of London the Special Events Team, which supports the safe planning of events and other activities, will help you.
Read the guidelines.
Complete the special event application form and submit it with the relevant supporting documents to the Events Team.
- A road closure needs 12 weeks notice
- The event planning guidelines includes a list of event fees. An Event Officer will be able to advise on other fees that may be incurred
- The grant of a licence is not guaranteed but an event cannot take place without one
- The Highways Special Events Team can only be contacted by email at Events Team
Activities not permitted in the City of London
- Balloon releases
- Events in car parks
- The use of the bridges in the City of London to promote individual events, campaigns and activities of third parties
- Commercial promotion or advertising which includes sampling/advertising or leafleting on the public highway
- Street trading includes trading on pavements and private land to which the public have a right of access
Protests and demonstrations
The City of London Police is the lead agency for planning protests and demonstrations. Go to the City of London Police to find out more.
The City of London Corporation will not authorise any temporary structures on the highway in connection with any protest activity.
Do not submit an special events application if you are planning a protest or demonstration.