The Transport Strategy, adopted in May 2019, sets out how the City of London Corporation propose to design and manage the City’s streets to ensure the Square Mile remains a great place to live, work, study and visit. It includes ambitious proposals to:
- Prioritise the needs of people walking, make streets more accessible and deliver world-class public realm
- Make the most efficient and effective use of street space by significantly reducing motor traffic, including the number of delivery and servicing vehicles in the Square Mile
- Eliminate death and serious injuries from our streets through measures to deliver safer streets and reduce speeds
- Enable more people to choose to cycle by making conditions for cycling in the Square Mile safer and more pleasant
- Improve air quality and reduce noise by encouraging and enabling the switch to zero emission capable vehicles
The consultation reports and other reports and resources prepared or used in the preparation of the Transport Strategy are available on request from the Strategic Transportation Team
The Transport Strategy Delivery Plan summarises progress to date, sets out the delivery plan for 2020/21 – 2020/22 and explains the 2019 street traffic counts.
City of London Transport Strategy PDF (10MB)Date submitted: 7/06/20
City of London Transport Strategy Map Pack PDF (9MB)Date submitted: 1/23/20
The Map Pack accompanies the Transport Strategy and contains the bespoke strategy maps in large format for easy reading.
Traffic in the City 2019 PDF (2MB)Date submitted: 2/12/21
Outlines the traffic trends and changes using comprehensive traffic count data. Published August 2020
City of London Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Forecast 2025 PDF (2MB)Date submitted: 7/06/20
The Energy Saving Trust prepared this report identifying the EV charging requirements in the Square Mile. Published February 2020.
City of London Transport Strategy IIA PDF (2MB)Date submitted: 7/06/20
This document incorporates a sustainability and strategic environmental assessment, an equalities impact assessment and a health impacts assessment. Published March 2019.
City of London Transport Strategy Delivery Plan IIA PDF (1MB)Date submitted: 7/06/20
This document incorporates a sustainability and strategic environmental assessment, an equalities impact assessment and a health impacts assessment. Published November 2018.