Support for financial and professional services
The City of London Corporation: support for financial and professional services report showcases some of the work of the City of London Corporation, to strengthen the UK’s competitiveness as the world’s leading global hub for financial and professional services to support a thriving economy. It does this by:
- Accelerating sustainable growth through financial and professional services innovation and the use of technology
- Boosting the competitiveness of the UK’s world-class business environment
- Maximising market access for UK-based financial and professional services firms
- Promoting global recognition of the UK’s world-leading FPS offer in key markets
- Cultivating strong, strategic, outcome focused relationships with key stakeholders
The City of London Corporation works to both support and promote the UK’s exceptional financial and professional services sector. We work with partners across industry and government to ensure that the UK remains the most innovative ecosystem, and a world leading environment for business. We champion the best in market access to secure global opportunities for UK firms.
We collaborate with key partners to maximise benefits to the sector: sharing expertise, maximising support to financial and professional services and drive trade and investment in the sector. All this is in support of the global trading relationships that will see the UK continue to thrive into the future.
The world is coming to terms with the exceptional challenge posed by the spread of COVID-19 and its aftermath. Now more than ever, the UK’s global outlook and reach, and understanding of major partner markets, has significant value in connecting markets and supporting resilience. As we look ahead to global recovery, the depth and breadth of UK financial and professional services (FPS) expertise mean we will have a key role to play in supporting rebuilding and growth worldwide.