"Thank you so much indeed for being very helpful and supportive towards my work"SBREC memberAdventure feeds the soul!
Trading overseas offers a wealth of opportunities to expand your business and experience different cultures. Our country resources will help you understand the economic and trading environment of different countries and include PESTLE analyses (political, economic, sociological, technological, legal, environmental) and in-depth overviews and statistics for countries and individual cities.
You can access these databases with a SBREC membership.
- You will need a subscription membership to access our databases that 'available remotely' from anywhere in the UK.
- A free (Access) membership will give you access to all our databases in person at the Centre, which is open Mon to Thurs 10-5pm
Exporters Almanac has economic, commercial and trade profiles for over 200 countries and territories, plus commercial contacts.
Statista has detailed statistics on countries worldwide covering economic and population data.
We have a range of short video demos for each of our databases.
These are available to view on our Small Business Research and Enterprise YouTube Channel, these will show you how to use our databases and what you can find in them.
Visit our blog to read articles about starting a business(external link) from industry professionals and successful start ups who have lots of experience to share.
Press articles are a powerful source of business information, and you can access our databases with your membership.
Business Source Premier and European Newsstream (both available remotely and at the Centre) contain thousands of articles that are useful for finding out trends, information on companies, and tips and advice on practical issues such as advertising or managing staff. You will also be able to use Access to Research (available at the Centre) and Ebsco Discovery Search (available remotely and at the Centre) which also include articles and reports from many sources.
- CIA World Factbook
- HKTDC Research
- International Monetary Fund
- International Trade Centre
- International Trade Statistics - World Trade Organisations
- OECD – Economic and statistical data
- Overseas Business Risk
- The Commonwealth – directory of accredited organisations
- United Nations Statistics
- World Bank - doing business throughout the World