Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach
Explore Epping Forest's wildlife and natural history at our High Beach Visitor Centre, and get lots of tips on enjoying your visit.
The Visitor Centre is run by volunteers of Epping Forest Heritage Trust on behalf of Epping Forest.
The Centre has:
- lots of wildlife and natural history displays to teach you about the Forest
- a gift shop full of Forest-themed giftware for all ages
- maps, books and more to plan your day out
- friendly, knowledgeable volunteers on hand to answer all your questions
- public toilets
The car park at the Centre has several Sheffield-style bike racks for you to lock your bike to.
The Centre is a 45 minute walk through the Forest from Loughton Station, served by the Central Line and several bus routes.
Visit TfL's Journey Planner to plan your trip to the Centre.
The Centre has its own car park with 18 parking spaces and two dedicated disabled bays for Blue Badge holders.
Nearby Pillow Mounds car park, a two minutes' walk away, has more parking if needed.
Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach is a fully accessible building. The building has:
- level floors throughout
- ample space for manoeuvring a wheelchair
- displays and items which are comfortably reached from a seated position
- interpretation which has been written in an accessible format and style
- a hearing loop throughout the building
- pen and paper and a magnifying glass available on request
- accessible toilets
- a staff of volunteers who will be happy to help you
At present due to COVID-19 restrictions the offer at High Beach Visitor Centre is reduced to an information centre only.