Hollow Pond and Leyton Flats
Hollow Pond and Leyton Flats are very popular areas near Walthamstow and Leytonstone with beautiful scenery, ideal for picnicking and boating in summer.
Nearby Eagle Pond near Snaresbrook station is closed for fishing, but is very popular with swans and good for bird watching.
Things to do at Hollow Pond and Leyton Flats
- Explore the Flats on foot, by bike or with your dog
- Begin our Hornbeam Trail to journey from the Flats up to Walthamstow Forest
- Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch at the water's edge, in the grass or under the trees
- Bring your rod and spend the day fishing at Hollow Pond - see our fishing page for details
- Hire a rowing boat at the Boat House and enjoy some time on the water
- Bring your binoculars and watch the water fowl at Hollow Pond and Eagle Pond
Parking and travel info
Hollow Pond is a 0.8km (0.5 mile) walk from Snaresbrook station on the Central line or a 1.6km (1 mile) walk from Wood Street on the London Overground.
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Snaresbrook Road||E11 1PQ||///once.stiff.joins|
|Boat House||E11 1NR||///goes.grab.older|
Please visit our car parking page for opening and closing times for each of our car parks.