Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
About the Partnerships and Engagement Team
The Partnerships and Engagement team helps businesses, developers and occupiers to build, occupy and operate in the Square Mile.
Our remit also extends to the wider built environment by supporting our four Business Improvement Districts and maximising the use of the Community Infrastructure Levy. We also work closely with the Planning team to enhance planning processes and to influence Planning policy.
A key service within the City of London Corporation, the team reports directly to the Director of the Environment and is responsible for:
- Undertaking contact programmes with businesses and the property industry - providing assistance to occupational premises and the wider built environment.
- promoting the City as a location to do business including running the City Centre and developing marketing strategies to engage with businesses and workers
- Supporting the delivery of the City's four business improvement districts
- Engaging strategically to ensure business plans deliver increased resilience and capacity to support the needs of business.
- Working on Future City initiatives through the development of property and planning policies to maintain the City as the pre-eminent international financial and business services centre.
- Promoting development activity in the City through use of CPO and S203 (rights to light) powers
- Maximising investment opportunities through the Community Infrastructure Levy
Read our case studies to find out more about the work of the team.