Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
Chingford Plain is a beautiful mix of grassland and shaded woodland located just below our visitor centre and Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge.
Things to do in Chingford Plain
- Drop by the visitor centre and Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge for some history on the Tudors and Epping Forest
- Visit our cows who often graze the plain in summer
- Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch out on the grass, or try nearby establishments for hot food and drinks
- Enjoy a walk, bike ride or horse-ride across the Plain
- Head out for a long walk with your dog
- Make the best of the open space and fly a kite
- Pick up our Holly Trail to head towards Bury Wood
Parking and travel info
The car park at Bury Road has several Sheffield-style bike racks for you to lock your bike to.
Chingford Plain is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk from Chingford station on the London Overground line.
The 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 385, 397, 444 and N26 buses all serve Chingford station, which is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk away.
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Barn Hoppitt||E4 6BD||///oddly.office.pops|
|Bury Road||E4 7AZ||///moral.mice.saints|
|Connaught Water||IG9 5UB||///jump.turkey.vine|
Please visit our car parking page for opening and closing times for each of our car parks.