Chingford Plain is a beautiful mix of lush grassland and shaded woodland located just below our visitor centre and Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge.
Things to do in Chingford Plain
- Drop by our visitor centre and Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge for some history on the Tudors and Epping Forest
- Visit our cows who often graze the plain in summer
- Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch out on the grass, or try nearby Butler's Retreat for hot food and drinks
- Enjoy a walk, bike ride or horse-ride across the Plain
- Head out for a long walk with your dog
- Make the best of the open space and fly a kite, or look at joining a model aircraft club!
- Pick up our Holly Trail to head towards Bury Wood
Explore the length and breadth of Epping Forest with our official map, showing paths, trails, car parks, train stations, things to do, toilets and everything else you need to plan your day out.
Venture through the Forest around Chingford and call by our visitor centre
Parking and travel info
The car park at Bury Road has several Sheffield-style bike racks for you to lock your bike to.
Chingford Plain is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk from Chingford station on the London Overground line.
The 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 385, 397, 444 and N26 buses all serve Chingford station, which is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk away.
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Barn Hoppitt||E4 6BD||///oddly.office.pops|
|Bury Road||E4 7AZ||///moral.mice.saints|
|Connaught Water||IG9 5UB||///jump.turkey.vine|