Connaught Water is one of the most popular lakes to walk around in Epping Forest, largely because of its wildlife and close proximity to Chingford.
Things to do at Connaught Water
- Take a walk around the lake on our easy access path
- Grab an ice cream at Connaught Water car park when the sun comes out
- Head to the lake with your rod for a spot of angling
- Set down with your binoculars and watch the ducks, geese, swans and grebes that live here
- Pick up our circular Willow Trail for a longer walk around the water and to Fairmead
Explore the length and breadth of Epping Forest with our official map, showing paths, trails, car parks, train stations, things to do, toilets and everything else you need to plan your day out.
Follow a path around Fairmead and Connaught Water between Chingford and Loughton
Parking and travel info
The car park at the Connaught Water has several Sheffield-style bike racks for you to lock your bike to.
Barn Hoppitt is a 1.5km (0.9 mile) walk from Chingford station on the London Overground line.
The 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 385, 397, 444 and N26 buses all serve Chingford station, which is a 1.5km (0.9 mile) walk away.
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Connaught Water||IG9 5UB||///jump.turkey.vine|