Honey Lane Quarters
High Beach and Paul's Nursery
High Beach is one of the higher spots in the Forest and is renowned for its magnificent views over Lee Valley.
Nearby Paul's Nursery, once a famous plant nursery, is now a span of mixed woodland and grassland; but the exotic plants once grown here can still be found. Rhododendrons, azaleas and numerous other flowers offer bright colours in the summer.
Things to do at High Beach and Paul's Nursery
- Explore the area on foot, by bike, on horseback or with your dog
- Visit our Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach and learn about the Forest
- Follow our Beech Trail toward Loughton Camp
- Try our easy access trail for an accessible visit to the Forest
- Bring a picnic and enjoy lunch with some fantastic views
- Head to one of the tea huts or local pubs for refreshments
- See some of the Forest's more unusual plant species around Paul's Nursery, which was originally a plant nursery
Easy access trail
Our High Beach easy access trail starts near the Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach and winds through the trees, providing a great opportunity to explore the Forest.
- This trail has a level, firm, non-slip surface and is 0.8km (0.5 miles) long with benches and passing places for wheelchairs at regular intervals
- Interpretation is available at the beginning of the trail and is large print and accessible and readable from a seated position
- Maps, large print literature, disabled parking and a unisex accessible toilet are available at the Visitor Centre at High Beach during opening hours
- The King's Oak pub and nearby Tea Hut provide refreshment, and toilets are available at the pub outside of our own opening hours
Please note, High Beach easy access trail is only accessible during our car park opening hours.
Parking and travel info
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Pillow Mounds||IG10 4AE||///tiny.tubes.modern|
|Mount Pleasant||IG10 1JD||///woods.fluid.major|
Please visit our car parking page for opening and closing times for each of our car parks.