Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach
Loughton Camp is one of two Iron Age earthworks, both Scheduled Monuments, thought to have been built around 500 BC - the other is nearby Ambresbury Banks. Take a walk through the ancient mounds, admire the majestic beech trees and see if you can imagine yourself back in time.
Things to do in Loughton Camp
- Explore the Camp on foot or with your dog
- Pick up our Beech Trail to head toward Pillow Mounds, High Beach and Paul's Nursery
- Visit nearby Epping Forest Visitor Centre at High Beach
- Discover the Iron Age history of the Forest with your family
- Enjoy fishing at our Baldwins, Blackweir and Goldings Hill Ponds - see our fishing page for details
Parking and travel info
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name
Please visit our car parking page for opening and closing times for each of our car parks.