Cycling in the City of London
Cycling in the City of London has quadrupled in the last 20 years. It has great advantages for health, wellbeing and the environment and is central to the Healthy Streets Approach. So enjoy some exercise, help clean up London’s air and make cycling part of your day.
Here are some handy tools to help you plan your ride:
- Transport for London’s Go app will help you plan your journey on the move
- Find a place to park by exploring our interactive map.
Did you know:
- There is a 20mph speed limit in the Square Mile
- Many one-way streets in the City are contra-flow for cyclists
- The City is connected to London's network of Cycleways and Quietways
- The Active City Network offers City of London employers a number of free services
If you work, study or live in City of London you can get free cycle skills training with expert instructors.
Whether you are a first-time rider or a regular cyclist looking to improve your confidence at complex junctions, in heavy traffic or at night. Your instructor will tailor the session to suit your individual abilities and goals.
Book your cycle training online or call 020 3031 6730
Though our partner we also offer bespoke cycling related packages for business and family cycle skills sessions.
You can also check out these tips on how to stay safe while cycling in London.
Sharing the space
The Square Mile has one of the highest densities of people walking in the UK at peak times and has an active servicing and construction industry. This can result in crowded streets and while the City Corporation continues to take steps to protect all vulnerable road users, cyclists need to ride at appropriate speeds and take care.