Barn Hoppitt is an ancient wood-pasture and many of its veteran trees even outdate nearby Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge which was built in 1543.
Things to do in Barn Hoppitt
- Pop into our visitor centre or book a tour at Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge just opposite for some Forest history
- Explore the woods on foot, by bike or with your dog
- Head north to reach Chingford Plain and Connaught Water
- Depending on the season, grab your rod for some angling at Warren Pond - see our angling page for details
- Head out with your binoculars for some bird-watching
- Keep your ears out for bats at dusk (or bring a bat detector!)
Parking and travel info
Barn Hoppitt is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk from Chingford station on the London Overground line.
The 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 385, 397, 444 and N26 buses all serve Chingford station, which is a 0.6km (0.4 mile) walk away.
Parking is available at these car parks:
|Car park name||Nearest postcode||what3words address|
|Barn Hoppitt||E4 6BD||///oddly.office.pops|
|Bury Road||E4 7AZ||///moral.mice.saints|
|Connaught Water||IG9 5UB||///jump.turkey.vine|
Please visit our car parking page for opening and closing times for each of our car parks.