Hampstead Mixed Pond
Mixed Pond is a natural bathing pond and one of London's best open air swimming spots.
From Monday 26 October until May 2021, the Mixed Pond is closed to the public and operated by the Winter Swimming Club. For more information email the Winter Swimming Club.
We regularly tweet the water temperature at the pond on Twitter.
- Lifeguards on duty
- Changing rooms
- Outdoor showers
|Ticket||Adult price||Concession price|
|Single day ticket||£4||£2.40|
- Cash (no change given) or card payment accepted
- Contact details will be taken by staff to comply with the Government's Test and Trace scheme
If you are a regular swimmer, you can save by getting a season ticket for the Lido, the Ponds or both.
- Strong swimmers only. The ponds are deep and can be very cold.
- Strong swimmers age 8-15 are allowed if accompanied by an adult.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a limit of people allowed in the Pond. This will be managed at the gate.
- Swim wear must be worn.
- Assistance dogs only allowed in the facilities.
- No lockers and valuables are left at your own risk.
- Blue-green algae has recently been identified at the pond - avoid drinking the water and shower after swimming
The levels of micro-organisms fluctuates in this untreated water. High levels pose a risk to your health and often occur after rain and where there is a lot of swimmers in the pond. The risk of illness is greater for children, the elderly or immunocompromised people and some overseas visitors, as they can have lower immunity. The dangers include: mild-gastroenteritis or eye, ear and respiratory infections. We recommend you consult a doctor if you have any health concerns, avoid swallowing pond water and shower before and after bathing.
The Hampstead Mixed Pond is located near East Heath Road on Hampstead Heath.
The nearest stations to the Men's Pond are:
- Hampstead Heath on the Overground Line (7 minute walk)
- Hampstead on the Northern Line (13 minute walk)
Visit TfL's Journey Planner to plan your trip to the Pond.
There is parking available at East Heath Car Park.
All money received from swimming is gratefully received and is reinvested to support the costs of Lifeguarding and operating the Pond, thank you for your support. You can make an additional donation to Hampstead Heath (Registered Charity no. 803392).
Following the discovery of a blocked sewer north of Kenwood Ladies’ Pond on 17 September 2020, a series of water quality tests were commissioned by the City of London. You can view the results of the three bathing ponds below, in addition to water quality results from earlier in the summer.