Have your say on shaping the City Corporation’s priorities
Prints and drawings at LMA
LMA's holdings of prints and drawings number over 95,000 items London-based visual material. Ranging from lithographs and watercolours to engravings and etchings, our collections document centuries of social, economic and political London history.
The earliest items within our graphic collections are the 28 watercolour portraits of City dignitaries dating from c1450 by Roger Leigh. Although we have earlier illuminations of monarchs within our archive collections, notably the archive of the City of London Corporation.
Other highlights include work by:
- William Hogarth (1697-1764)
- Thomas Rowlandson (1756-1827)
- George Cruikshank (1792-1878)
- George Frederick Sargent (1811-1864)
- Henry Tidmarsh (1854-1939)
- Geoffrey Fletcher (1923-2004)
Many of these prints and drawings can be viewed on The London Picture Archive.